SINGER SONGWRITER STAGE!
“Many people can write a song, however, it is a truly brave person who will expose themselves by putting their song down on paper …then stand in front of the world and sing it for all to hear.” ~Al Johnson
The award-winning Wildflower! Performing Songwriter contest encourages the growth of the art of independent performing singer-songwriters. The genres include Acoustic, Americana, Bluegrass, Blues, Celtic, Country and Folk. Some of our past finalists include Ruthie Foster, Beth Wood, Karen Mal, Grace Pettis, Dave Carter, Louise Mosrie, Betty Soo, Matt Harlan, Butch Claude Morgan, and RJ Cowdery.
The Singer Songwriter Stage is located in the Bank of America Theatre within the Eisemann Center for Performing Arts.
*********NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW*********
NEW OPTIONS FOR ENTERING!!! DEADLINE EXTENSION!
NOW ACCEPTING ENTRIES UNTIL MARCH 12, 2014
- NEW... YOU CAN NOW EMAIL YOUR SONGS IN MP3 FORMAT TO firstname.lastname@example.org AND APPLY/PAY BY CLICKING HERE
MAIL YOUR APPLICATION AND ENTRY FEE!
Wildflower! Performing Songwriter Contest
2100 E. Campbell Road, Suite 100
Richardson, TX 75081
See below for the rules and a link to the entry form!
- Submit your entries via SonicBids at
(If you enter via Sonicbids you will also be required to email your MP3 format songs to email@example.com.)
We only accept 300 entries so don't delay!
How to Enter:
- Write and record some great songs in mp3 format. Genres: Acoustic, Folk, Country, Blues, Americana, Bluegrass, and Celtic.
- Submit your recorded songs to the Wildflower! Performing Songwriting Contest by March 5, 2014! Upload the songs to Sonicbids or mail your recorded songs on a CD along with the entry form (below) to:
Wildflower! Performing Songwriter Contest
2100 E. Campbell Road
Richardson, TX 75081
- The fee is $20 for each entry (two songs equal one entry). You can submit up to 3 entries. For mail in entries, complete the entry form below, sign and send a check payable to the Wildflower! Arts & Music Festival.
- Songs must be uploaded to Sonicbids or postmarked by midnight
March 5, 2014 March 12, 2014!
Prizes: Four (4) $500 cash prizes will be awarded of which one is the “Michael Terry People’s Choice Award.” The four winners will perform a song swap set on the Singer Songwriter Stage on Sunday, May 18, 2014 and will be scheduled to perform and sell CDs on the Wildflower! Courtyard Stage.
The 10 Finalists Will:
- Perform submitted songs on the Singer Songwriter Stage in the Eisemann Center for Performing Arts on Saturday, May 17, 2014.
- Receive complimentary lodging on May 16 and 17, 2014.
- Perform a set on the Wildflower! Courtyard Stage and sell CDs.
- Have access to the Green Room (food and drinks) on May 17 and 18.
- Attend a meeting on Saturday, May 17 to honor the ten finalists and to announce the order of contest performances.
- Get to know and hear outstanding nationally known singer songwriters.
- Put on your resume that you were a finalist or winner of the Wildflower! Singer Songwriter Contest.
- Be exposed to venues that book singer songwriters in Texas.
- Experience a career changing weekend of music and fun sharing your music with other finalists and booked singer songwriters.
- Some entries ranked 11 – 20 will be invited to perform on the Courtyard Stage on the grounds of the festival.
- Limit of 3 entries per person. An entry is 2 songs. We encourage songwriters to write new songs. All songs must have been written within the last two years (after December 2011).
- Open to males and females ages 18 and over.
- A maximum of 300 entries will be accepted by the Festival on a first submitted basis.
- Recordings submitted must be representative of the artist’s live performance. The screeners prefer recordings that use one instrument, the songwriter’s vocal and no backup harmonies. If this is not possible, produced submissions are accepted. No instrumentals are allowed.
- Artist’s name, biographical information or credits are not to be included on the recordings.
- Lyrics are not required; however, if you are chosen as a finalist, you will be required to submit your song lyrics.
- The submission of the entry certifies that the songwriter has all rights to the songs and that the songs have not been sold or contractually assigned to another entity.
- Only one name can appear on the application—duos may not submit entries. Songs, however, can be co-written and submitted by one of the songwriters.
- Each song is not to exceed 5 minutes and should be recorded in mp3 format.
- For mail-in entries, both songs must be recorded on one CD, the two songs separated by no more than a 10 second pause and be the only recordings on the CD.
- Performances at the contest are limited to one songwriter/vocalist who must perform the songs he/she submitted for the contest. The vocalist can provide instrumentation or provide a single accompanist (with no backup harmony or effects).
- Each finalist must be at Wildflower! on the day of the contest, Saturday, May 17, 2014.
- Prior to the contest, finalists may not appear on any stage at the Festival with any artist(s) booked for the Festival. Booked artists may not accompany a finalist during the contest.
- The finalists will be given opportunities to perform on the Courtyard Stage at the festival.
- Songs that have been previously recorded and released under contract on a label are not eligible.
- Notification to the 10 finalists will be made on or before April 15, 2014.
- All previous finalists and winners are invited to submit with the exception of the 2012 winners and the 2013 finalists. The 2012 winners cannot enter again until 2015. The 2013 non-winning finalists cannot enter again until 2015. The 2013 winners cannot enter until 2016.
Rules and Entry Form:
Click here for a printable copy of the rules and entry form.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2013 Singer Songwriter Contest!!!
What Others Are Saying About Us...
Thank YOU, Donna and All!! My mom and I had SOOOOO much fun and dang! Aren't
those photographs awesome? I could look at them all day long!"- Ashlee Rose, 2013
"Wildflower was the most beautiful and well organized festival I've ever been part of. It is truly an honor to be selected to play on the Wildflower! singer/songwriter stage. It's the real deal and is validating for any songwriter to be asked to play there." - Terry Holder, 2011 Contest Finalist and 2013 Contest Winner
"Thank you for all that you did both before and during the Wildflower festival for us. We
had an incredible time, and I've been telling all of my songwriter friends to enter next
year (and I hope they do). Mike and I are still talking about it. Y'all folks in Texas really
know how to treat musicians."- MaryBeth Zamer, 2012 Michael Terry People's Choice
"The Wildflower folks sure know how to throw a party! My experience was fantastic. Every detail was taken care of. From the accommodations and volunteers, to the beautiful theater and appreciative audiences. I loved how they made everyone feel welcome and special, like a folk star! Thank you Wildflower!" - RJ Cowdery, 2011 Winner