Battle of the Bands
Each year, three bands comprised of young musicians compete for the ultimate title of Wildflower! Arts & Music Festival Battle of the Bands winner, taking home a generous prize package including cash and much more! A qualifier round hosting up to 12 bands takes place prior to the festival at a local venue. At that time 2 bands are selected outright to compete in the finals at Wildflower! held on Sunday of the Festival. An additional 2-3 bands are selected to compete in an online fan’s choice contest for the third finalist slot.
2022 Prize Package Included
- $500 cash
- A Saturday night or Sunday set-time at Guitars and Growlers (specific date and time to be determined)
- One (1) produced song, a mix of your song with three revisions at Sunland Sound Studio with access to gear/equipment with Dallas Producer and guitarist J. Michael Smith. (Mastering is not included).
- Band Strategy Session with Music Industry Strategy Consultant, Brianna Ruelas .
*Additional prizes awarded during the Finals for best guitarist, bassist, drummer and vocalist.
- All band members must be 20 years old or younger
- Minimum of 3 members in each band
- No foul language, or crude/offensive/vulgar behavior of any kind is allowed on stage, in lyrics, off stage, or otherwise. Absolutely no moshing (audience included).
- Band members are only allowed on stage during their set. Bands or members who go on stage while another band is competing, will be disqualified from the competition.
- Winning bands will be determined by a panel of judges based on musical talent as determined by our panel of judges, crowd enthusiasm, showmanship of band members, ability to follow contest rules and originality of cover song.
- All band performances will be videotaped for possible online contest and/or for use by Wildflower! to publicize the contest.
- Ticket sales or attendance by the band are not a factor in the judging of the winning bands.
2023 application coming soon!
2022 Contest Partners
Music Industry Strategy Consultant Brianna Ruelas
Leverage the Momentum from your Battle of the Bands Win! Spend an hour with Brianna Ruelas strategizing your next best steps as a band and receive a marketing and social media audit to ensure your communicating your brand effectively.
Brianna Ruelas is a Dallas based Strategy Consultant, Reality TV Music Coach, Online Course Creator, Podcast Co-Host and Best Selling Author to Make Reality TV Your Reality. Most recently, Brianna launched the Reality Singing Show Success Academy and produced the 2nd Annual Reality Singing Show Summit to help independent performing artists prepare for and leverage the reality singing show platform to create momentum in their music careers.
Brianna is passionate about supporting her clients to reality singing show success & leveraging that experience inside their music careers! Follow Brianna on social media @briannaruelasmusic and connect with her at www.briannaruelasmusic.com
Dallas producer and guitarist J. Michael Smith
J. Michael Smith has been a fixture of the Dallas music scene for over a decade and has toured extensively in the United States and Europe with a variety of artists, including Jackopierce, Nelly Furtado, Austin Allsup (The Voice, 2016), Taylor Young Band, and Madison King. Currently based in East Dallas, Smith works as a touring guitarist, a session musician, producer, and mix engineer at Sunland Sound.