Budding Talent Vocal Competition
Budding Talent is an annual vocal competition open to children in Pre-Kindergarten through twelfth grade. The competition provides young singers the opportunity to take their skills and perform on stage in the Charles W. Eisemann Center for Performing Arts during Richardson’s Wildflower! Arts & Music Festival in front of a live audience. Live auditions were held on Sunday, April 24, at the Richardson Senior Center. Selected finalist will perform live on May 22 at 1:00 p.m. on the Singer Songwriter Stage during the finals.
The 2022 selected finalist are as follows:
Katherine Pottkotter and Reid Negron
- Contestants must be at least 4 years old to apply.
- Contestants must complete the online application and include a link (Facebook, YouTube, ect.) to a 1-minute maximum length video performing a song of your choice.
- Contestants will include a current photo to be used in the Finals Program for those moving on to the Finals.
- Contestants will be emailed their live audition timeslot by Wednesday, April 20 and must arrive at the Richardson Senior Center at their given time on Sunday, April 24, to perform at the live audition.
- Contestants choose one song from memory to sing at the live audition in front of the Budding Talent panel of judges and their age group peers.
- Song selection can be no longer than 3 minutes and no vulgar language or profanity will be allowed.
- Contestants may bring a phone for musical accompaniment to the audition, accompany themselves on an acoustic guitar or keyboard or bring an accompanist (keyboard is available if desired). – no flash drives allowed.
- Small vocal ensembles of two to four singers are eligible, but bands are not eligible to apply.
- Parents are not allowed into live audition room with contestants.
- Finalists in each age category will be selected to perform on the Songwriter Stage in the Eisemann Center during the Wildflower! Arts & Music Festival on Sunday, May 22, at 1:00 PM.
- A mandatory meeting for all finalists will be held at the Eisemann Center on Saturday, May 14.
- A prize package will be given to the winner in each age category.
For more information or clarification on any contest rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.