Wildflower! seeks to collect stone cold art from residents and local artists in a creative project to build a Community Rock Garden at Richardson City Hall. Anyone can join in the fun by painting a favorite flower, wildflower, greenery, or bug on a rock to help make the garden “bloom!” The rocks and stones must be turned in by April 23. All of the painted pieces will be collectively displayed in the Community Rock Garden for the month of May.
How to Participate:
- Purchase or use a river rock from home as the base. (5 in x 5 in max size – no bricks or concrete)
- Please do not pick up a rock from the park as it may be a home to one of the many creatures that live in our parks. If you need a rock, you can pick one up at any of the pick-up/drop-off locations listed below.
- For the protection of the environment please use only non-toxic paint.
- We encourage you to paint something that can be found in a garden like flowers, bugs, leaves, etc.
- All rocks must be completed and returned to a drop-off location on or before April 23 (see below for locations). Please do not take rocks to City Hall as they must be treated before being put in our garden.
- Rocks will be displayed outside of City Hall (411 W. Arapaho Rd.) during the month of May.
Drop off/Pick-up Locations
Heights Recreation Center 711 W. Arapaho, Richardson, TX 75080
Mon – Wed, Fri 6:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., and Sun, 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Huffhines Recreation Center 200 N. Plano Road, Richardson, TX 75081
Mon-Tues, Thurs-Fri, 6:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., and Sat, 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Richardson Gymnastics Center 300 E. Arapaho, Richardson, TX 75081
Mon – Thurs, 9:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m., Fri, 9:00 a.m. – 10:15 p.m., and Sat, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Community Events 2100 E. Campbell Rd. Suite 100, Richardson, TX 75081
Mon – Fri, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Contact Wildflower! at firstname.lastname@example.org or (972) 744-4580 for additional information.