Pre-fest has officially begun with the epic Wildflower! Battle of the Bands Qualifier that kicked off at Six Springs Tavern on Saturday, April 29. Eight bands battled it out and the judges selected A.I. and Attica Uprising to automatically advance to the Final Round on May 22. The Council and The Fire Frets are also competing for the People’s Choice Award where fans pick the winner! Select and vote for your favorite finalist to help them claim the third spot on the Methodist Richardson Amphitheater Stage at Wildflower! Arts & Music Festival.
THE PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD
- Voting opens May 1 and continues until midnight on May 5.
- One vote per person (email address is required to vote).
- Votes will be counted and winner announced.
The band winning the Final Round performed live at Wildflower! Arts & Music Festival on May 21, 2023 will receive the following prizes:
- $500 cash
- A Saturday night or Sunday set-time at Guitars and Growlers (specific date and time to be determined)
- Each finalist will receive a professionally produced video of their qualifier performance, provided by Six Springs.
- One of your band’s original songs produced, recorded, and mixed by Dallas producer J. Michael Smith in his personal studio, Sunland Sound. (Prize includes three mix revisions, but not mastering fees).
- Band Strategy Session with Music Industry Strategy Consultant, Brianna Ruelas.
*Additional awards will be given at the Finals for best guitarist, bassist, drummer, and vocalist.
Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 11:45 a.m.
Methodist Richardson Amphitheater Stage
- Each finalist band will be allowed to play one 12-minute set (please note difference from qualifier round) set that must include one (1) original song and one (1) cover song of a band in the 2023 Wildflower! lineup. The band may choose to play the full cover song or a minimum 2-minute excerpt and are encouraged to interpret/adapt the cover song to their style/genre.
- Winning bands will be determined by a panel of judges based on musical talent as determined by our panel of judges, crowd enthusiasm, showmanship of band members, ability to follow contest rules and originality of cover song.
- Festival management reserves the right to approve song choices to be performed at Wildflower!
Festival Hours and Location Information
The annual, three-day event will be held at Galatyn Park Urban Center, located just north of Galatyn Parkway on the east side of U.S. 75 (Central Expressway) in Richardson.
- Hours for the 2023 festival are:
- Friday, 6 p.m. – midnight,
- Saturday, 11 a.m. – midnight, and
- Sunday, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Additional details about the Wildflower! Battle of the Bands Contest may be found here: https://wildflowerfestival.com/battle-of-the-bands/. For festival information and to purchase tickets, visit www.wildflowerfestival.com.